I provide counselling to individuals, couples and families at my consulting room in Hornsby, by visiting clients in their homes or other preferred locations such as residential care facilities or workplaces within a 30-minute driving radius of Hornsby, and online.
Face-to-face counselling services are suspended until COVID-19 pandemic restrictions are lifted. I continue to provide counselling by telephone, online (video conference and instant messaging) and email. (See Modes of Counselling for more information about these remote ways of counselling).
How counselling can help
People often find that talking to a counsellor helps them to —
- Deal with a difficulties in a relationship (more …)
- Respond to domestic and family violence (more …)
- Clarify and make sense of something that has happened (more …)
- Solve a problem, devise a plan or make a decision (more …)
- Change a way of thinking or behaving which is causing problems (more …)
- Manage difficult feelings and emotions (more …)
- Cope with a major loss, life change or set-back. (more …)
- Find, analyse and act on information (more …)
- Enhance self-care (more …)
This button can be used to find a suitable appointment time and to book a counselling session or free enquiry via telephone, video or chat. Sessions are $90/hour. Payment is arranged at the end of each session. A number of payment options are available. Counselling by email is also available. For more information about the different ways counselling can be conducted by distance, see Modes of Counselling.
Face-to-face services will resume when COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted.